Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Sporty Girl

This past weekend was full of sporting events for our family, and boy did Mallory have fun. First, on Friday night, we went to Bloomington Kennedy and watched the girls high school basketball team beat Chaska. A co-workers daughter of mine plays on the team, and had a great game! WAY TO GO JADE! It was also fun for Christopher since this was high school, going back is always interesting to see how the school has changed, or remained the same.

.

On Saturday, Mallory and I, along with Jessie and Evan, headed to the Target Center for the state high school dance tournament. The dancers were great, the competition was fierce, but as much as Mallory enjoyed practicing her kicks in the isles, I think the best part was her first train ride. She said "oh cool" so many times, you would think it lost it's zest a little.




On Valentines Day, as a family, we headed to St.Paul and watched the MN Wild beat up on the Vancouver Canucks. This was Mallory's first Wild game, and she did great! We were a little worried, as she refused to nap before we left, but it was okay, she just fell asleep in the third period. That was fine, since we were already winning 5-1 at that point. She really enjoyed the goal horn (slept thru it believe it or not) and took part in every sports fans indulgence, NACHOS!



Here is a video of Mallory showing her excitement during the introductions:



Tonight, while we were hanging out at home, she wanted to play the Nintendo Wii. She doesn't know how to play, but enjoys watching Christopher or I take a stab at a few different challenges. Lately, she has been really into Wii golf, and as soon as I open the closet door to get out my coat, she is saying "GUF". The closet is where we keep the Wii controllers, or Wiimotes. Tonight, she wanted to try golfing, there was no changing her mind. Here is a video of Mallory golfing, she even changes her club and direction a few times:


I guess I am not too surprised she enjoys sporting events so much. I LOVE sports, so if she takes after me at all, she will probably like them too. Oh, it helps they are LOADED with activity to keep her busy!

No comments: