Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Potty Training

Here we go, we have officially started potty training, about three weeks ago. I have to say, I am truly proud of Mallory and her efforts, as we get several good tries a day. She is very excited when she goes in her potty, but doesn't have a lot of patience. She will sit for a few minutes, but if nothings happening, she's "DONE".

We have not had any actually poopy in the toilet yet, but we put her poops in her toilet and when she sees them, she says POOP! She definitely knows the difference between pee and poop.
She is not super savvy at telling us that she has to go, but she usually says pee pee, while she is peeing or poop, right after she fills her pants.


Mallory gets a few M&M's when she actually pees in the potty, preceded by a big YEAH and a high five. She is always very proud of herself, and we give her lots and lots of praise, but not as much as I would like, because she only tolerates so much before she gets anxious for her M&M's.

This past Saturday, we were at The Pizza Ranch in New Prague for Grandpa's Birthday. During dinner, Mallory turned to me and said, POTTY. So we went, training seat and all, and she went in the adult toilet at the restaurant. I was ecstatic! What a big girl we have!!!

No comments: