Monday, December 6, 2010

Brunch in Lonsdale

Our good friends The Rotter’s invited us to their new house in Lonsdale for brunch this past Sunday. We were more than excited to go, since I have not seen their new house yet, and they have a daughter, Jules, veryclose to Mallory’s age. Jules and Mallory have had a few play dates together, so we know they enjoy each other. Not only was Jules going to be there, but a few other couple friends of ours, and their children as well. All in all, brunch totaled nine adults and five kids. It was a lot of fun!


The kids played and played together, ate together, and played and played together some more. Mallory was wiped out afterwards, but even so, was still talking about it a day later. She had a lot of fun dancing around with all the kids, playing one on one with Jules, and again with all the kids downstairs, where there were all different kinds of toys. Mallory also showed some interest in the piano at their house. I know what kid wouldn’t like to bang on something that outputs noise? What I noticed, even with all the toys laying around, and all the kids running around, Mallory kept sneaking back into the front room of their house, where the piano was to “play” some more. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wants to learn to play the piano when she gets older, but boy oh boy, if her genuine interest in the piano at Rotter’s house is any indication, I am going to have to start saving up my pennies now.


These moments are good for her, Christopher and me. I am always so happy to see any and all of her learned skills being used. It was great to see her participate in all the different songs we sang as a group, playing with and reading books, and showing of her skills from gymnastics. She even showed two of my girlfriends, who happen to be dance instructors, how she can “tap”. Mallory does not take dance classes yet, but she goes along with Rebecca and Charlotte (daycare) to watch and loves to show off her ability to “tap”. She basically shuffles one of her feet back and forth, and every now and then puts a little kick in there, but either way, it’s fun to watch her show off. Both Marisa and Amanda were “impressed”.

When it was time to leave, Jules was sad, but we promised her a play date in the future. I really enjoyed watching all the children playing with one another, and gazing around the room at the parents we’ve all become. When I turned thirty years old, I was depressed and a little “lost”, then Mallory came along, and I no longer feel lost. My life has complete purpose now in the form of my daughter and my family. There is nothing I cherish more than watching Mallory being Mallory.

No comments: