This is the second time Mallory has met with Santa Claus, but this year was much better than last year. If you remember, last year Mallory wanted the balloon Santa’s helpers were giving out after meeting Santa, prior to meeting Santa, so she was less than excited about having to wait for her balloon. She ended up sitting on Santa’s lap, giving him a little hug, but after she got her red balloon. You can read about last year’s meeting with Santa here.On Saturday, we headed over to Eden Prairie Center so Mallory could meet Santa Claus again and discuss her wish list with him. She was very excited about meeting Santa this year and practiced her wish list in the car ride over to Eden Prairie.
After some play time and shopping in the mall, we headed over to The North Pole and were pleased to learn we were first in line to meet Santa. Once Santa arrived, Mallory’s face just lit up with excitement. Christopher carried her over to his lap, and albeit a little scared, she stood there with Christopher, me and Santa. To ease her concerns, I told Santa what I wished for Christmas first, and then gave Mallory her turn. Santa asked her very nicely if she was a good girl, to which she quietly replied “yes”. He then asked her if she would like to talk about what she might wish for Christmas. She stood there a little while and then said real softly “pillow pet”. Santa needed a little reassurance from me he heard her correctly, but once he understood, he showed real interest and started asking her more about the pillow pet.
I asked Mallory if she wanted to sit on Santa’s lap to tell him about the other items on her wish list. She said “okay”, and up she went. He picked her up and sat with her so gentle like and sweet. He was so great to her and kept saying she was a very sweet little girl. Once situated with Santa, I stepped away, but I heard her tell him she also wanted “Tinkerbell”.
Christopher and I were so proud of Mallory. She did a great job waiting for, talking to and meeting Santa. She was proud of herself too. She gave him a big hug, a high five and a fist pump when it was all said and done. He was a GREAT Santa, true to his form and he smelled like peppermint. I am so pleased with our experience from start to finish, not only that, but we made a wonderful memory too!

No comments:
Post a Comment