Saturday, April 30, 2011

PCRA Rodeo and the Minnesota Horse Expo

Grandpa Hauer won some tickets to the 2011 Minnesota Horse Expo, which also included two tickets to the PCRA Rodeo. He was gracious enough to give them to Mallory, so off we went. The even was held at the Lee and Rose Warner Coliseum on the State Fair Grounds, Friday April 29th. We didn't get to take in as much of the Expo as we would have liked due to time constraints and the fact it was windy and raining a little bit when we arrived. Because of the weather, most of the stands had closed up shop.

I can't remember the last time I went to a rodeo, but I am fairly certain I have seen one, I think when I was in grade school maybe? Christopher said he saw one in Colorado when he was a kid. Because both of our experiences were so long ago, this made for a perfect family event!

Mallory was VERY excited about seeing the horses, calves and bulls. She was the star of our section and row, roping (ha ha) others into her enthusiasm. Unfortunately she is still afraid of the flash on our camera, so we have not been able to get very many pictures of her lately. We had to sneak this one in....

It was a lot of fun, watching the cowboys do their thing, it made us realize this is one tough sport! I was a little worried it might be too violent for Mallory, but the only part that was a little harsh was the Calf Roping and the Steer Wrestling, but after the first Calf was roped, she said loudly "let's watch another one!" So, we did and we had a great time as a family! Thanks Grandpa (Dad) for the tickets and for thinking of us. It was a lot of fun to try something new!

No comments: