Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

For my third Mother's Day, Mallory and Christopher gave me a heart shaped locket necklace and Grandpa Hauer took us out for brunch. Along with Grandma Dee, we headed down to Belle Plaine, where we enjoyed a massive spread of food at the Valley View Golf Course along with a free mimosa that was EXCELLENT!





Mallory was the picture perfect child, full of hugs and kisses for everyone! She enjoyed her brunch and ate all of the watermelon from the salad bar! Seriously, they had to refill the fresh fruit after we went through. After brunch, we sat around chatting and that is when I realized, although my family is small, they are all I ever need. Good, bad, happy or sad. They are my family and I love them so very, very much. It was such a great time together.

Usually for supper, Christopher cooks and I clean up. It's a deal we made years ago when we were first married. Last night however, I didn't have to clean! I got to enjoy a glass (or two) of Sangria after supper and Christopher washed the dishes and put everything away. What a treat! What a mellow, totally wonderful, wouldn't change a thing, kind of day!

No comments: