As most girls her age, Mallory is into pretty little flowers. She just loves anything and everything that has to do with flowers. Her daily outfit better have a flower on it somewhere, if not, she doesn't want to wear it. This spring Mallory was very excited about planting flowers at our house. I had been talking about it for a while, and how she could help me, however, the weather didn't cooperate, so we didn't get to it until as of late. She had to be very patient. About two weeks ago, we took a trip to Pahl's Market and picked out our perennials for the season. Mallory chose Geraniums. She was a great help with planting the Geraniums and has been a good gardener every since.
As a parting gift from the City of Eagan, my co-worker gave me a Gerbera Daisy. They are one of my favorite flowers, and for those of you who remember, they were our wedding flower as well. I want to make sure I take very good care of it, and keep it for as long as I can. Mallory has been a great help with the Gerbera. She checks on it every day and waters it with her watering can as to not "hurt it".

It's fun having a green thumb in the family. I am not one and eventually kill just about every plant or flower given to me. Hopefully this is a trend that she keeps as she gets older, so she can teach me a thing or two. It's so fun to watch her take care of her flowers.

1 comment:
VERY cute!
Post a Comment