Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

First off, mommy (me) has Mono. Nice huh? I was feeling really run down last week, and with symptoms of strep, I found myself waiting for two hours in urgent care on Memorial Day morning. When the strep test came back negative, the doctor suggested a blood test, and WHAM. What was supposed to be my first week on a new diet, to get summer swimsuit ready, has been a week of rest, rest and more rest. Oh and some vitamin C too. With that being said, we tried to have a Memorial Day weekend at the cabin anyway.

This year was going to be especially fun because Grandma and Grandpa Hauer got a new pontoon last fall. A 20 foot Sun Cruiser with bench seating, MP3 player stereo system, and a TOILET! It's actually a small corner of the pontoon, which can pop up with a curtain, so if you had to go, you could. The toilet itself is like a camping toilet, nothing with running water. Even so, very, very cool pontoon. Here is daddy and Mallory, ready to for it's maiden voyage!

Once it was in the water, I got a HUGE wave from Mallory and they were on they're way. Across East (Big) Jefferson, through the channel and on the way to the cabin on Middle Jefferson. Dad and I secured the trailer and headed back to the cabin from the public access, to wait for the captain and his first mate.
.
Pretty soon, we saw them coming along the shore, and with another big wave, they were at the dock, getting ready to set up on the lift. We didn't get to take it out for another ride, well mostly because the weather was not favorable, and I was feeling terrible.

We were able to do some "fishing" on Sunday morning from the dock. I use " " when I say fishing, because Mallory's Dora fishing pole came with a plastic purple fish for practice and she has never really wanted to take it off. So she goes "fishing" and catches a little purple fish every time. Whatever works, she's having fun.


After supper on Sunday, I made the decision to head home. I was feeling more and more terrible by the hour, Christopher and Mallory were a little bored, and truth be told, I was longing for my own bed. We packed up and headed back to Farmington. That was an okay decision, because the neighbors were having a Memorial Day Party in their garage, so after transferring Mallory and me to bed, Christopher was finally able to enjoy the long weekend a little.

Memorial Day turned out to be pretty fun, even tho I just found out about the mono, I was able to sit and watch Mallory play, play, and play some more with the neighborhood kids. She had a BLAST playing on the Slip and Slide, giving it a try for the first time! She was so excited to be a part of it all, she kept running in circles screaming "I'm having so much fun!" It was great to see her enjoying life and friends.

Lucy is one of our next door neighbors, she is five months older than Mallory. They have become pretty good friends, and really enjoy each others company. They decided to make a Cheetos buffet, all on their own.
BESTIES!
Even though I was sick, and we didn't get to have our Memorial Day weekend, start to finish, at the cabin, it turned out just fine. We all had a good time, and Mallory seemed to grow and mature a bit. Watching her on the Slip and Slide, playing with all the neighborhood kids, and partaking in some picnic fun, was a bit overwhelming. We seem to be at point with her now where we can converse with the adults, while the children "go play". Unreal. I will leave you with one last photo that totally says KICK OFF TO SUMMER!

No comments: