Friday, December 21, 2012

Just For Kix ~ Winter Show 2012

Let It Shine.  That was the theme for the Just For Kix Winter Show 2012.  No better title as those girls (and some boys) did exactly that.  Especially our little twinkle toes. 

This is Mallory's second year with Just For Kix and this time around she is a Pre Petite.  Pre Petites are 4-5 year old girls, most of whom have had a year or two in dance already.  Once again our little peanut is one of the smallest/youngest in her class, but even so she is one of the best dancers.  I know I am biased, but you'll see in the video, that kid knows her stuff.  She is a natural at picking up the choreography.  I am so happy that she enjoys dance and it comes easy for her. 

Since September she has been working on two separate dances.  The first dance is a song called Move Your Body and the second is her holiday dance to Jingle Bell Rock.  Last year out of the four dances she learned, Santa Clause Is Coming To Town was her favorite.  This year, so far, is no different.  She LOVES her holiday dance and is often found singing Jingle Bell Rock softly to herself.  Mallory's bestie Lucy is also in this dance group, so they have just one more thing to bond over and share with one another.  I just love watching them practice together. Well, enough blabbing, here is the video....


We had a great fan base again this year with Grandma Dee, Grandpa and Grandma Hauer and of course Christopher and I cheering on Mallory.  Since Lucy and her brother Teagen were also dancing during this show (Teagen was part of the boys hip hop class), our neighbors were also there to cheer.  All of us together took up and entire row of bleachers in the gym!  What a great support system!  As usual, Mallory did great!  Like I said before, she really knows her dances and she is proud to perform.  We are just so lucky and proud to have such a pretty little princess! 

No comments: