The Sock Hop starts with dinner at the cafe at 5:30PM, which we didn't partake in this year. One reason was I had to work until 5:00PM so I would not have been home in time but the biggest reason was last year we tried having dinner at the cafe but there were so many kids running around, with so many distractions I think Mallory had mayyyyybe two bites of her pizza. It wasn't efficient so this year we ate before we went. The dance started at 6:00PM and went until 8:00PM. During that two hour stretch the kids danced, browsed a silent auction, took part in a drawing and had pictures taken in a photo booth. All the kids had fun and were pretty sweaty and tired at the end of the night. Mallory has lots of friends but she is starting to show signs of a core group. Always present are Sander (next to her on the left) and Caiden B. (furthest to the right) Two boys, imagine that.
The DJ had a great playlist for the kids spanning four decades. I caught a lot of adults dancing with their kids, including myself! Here is a little video of Mallory dancing to Gangnam Style. I realize the video is not the best quality but it was dark in there and were lasers EVERYWHERE!
When the evening came to an end, the kids said their goodbyes and after a quick shower once we got home, Mallory promptly went to sleep. She was smiling as she was saying goodnight to us and then quietly whispered to me "Oh Mom, I had so much fun tonight. Thank you for my poodle skirt". Perfect ending.


No comments:
Post a Comment