Saturday, November 15, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new

Mallory's crib was recalled (imagine me rolling my eyes right about now), so we had to start researching another crib. I was so ticked due to the fact it literally took us 6 months to settle on a crib, one that we both liked, was going to be safe and sturdy, and in our price range. Mallory had a Simplicity Camille crib.

Her previous crib had a drop side (which was ideal for me since I am shorter), and according to the recall, the hardware can come loose, causing a large gap in which a baby could be come trapped and suffocate. I wasn't too worried at first since Mallory was still unable to roll, but as of a few weeks ago, that feeling has vanished.
.
So we went back to the drawing board, started researching cribs again, and after about a month, we settled on a Carter's Child of Mine. It does not have a drop rail, nor does it have the trundle drawer that came with the previous crib. So now I am not only have to stand on my tip toes to put her in the crib and to lean over and kiss her, I have lost some storage too. Dang it anyway!!!!

The crib is cute, Mallory seems to like since she can see out of it a little better (the sides are not as high as the old one) so I guess that's all that should really matter. It is also a 4-in-1 convertible crib like her old one, so we should still get the same amount of use out of it.
.
Bottom line, she's safe again, even after the hassle of ordering a new one, taking apart the old one and returning it, putting together the new one, and finding a place for all of her bedding and sleepwear (which was being kept in the trundle)!


No comments: