Sunday, November 30, 2008

Four Months

Our little Mallory turned 4 months old today. She is right on track for her age, and is still the best baby ever! We had some pretty big milestones this past month. One big day was Baptism and yesterday, we started trying rice cereal. We have her 4 month checkup scheduled for this coming Thursday, December 4th, so I will know her actual stats then, but by my measurements, Mallory is at 14 lbs and about 25 inches long. She is still long and lean, and her three months pants are still slipping right off her hips.

Mallory is a very alert little girl, when she is awake. Getting her to sleep is never a hard task, to take a nap is not so easy. She gets pretty cranky when she is tired, but can usually comfort herself with her thumb and pink blanket. Mallory is like a typical baby/kid, she knows she's tired and wants to sleep so badly, but fights it until she can't stay awake anymore. I guess she wants to take in as much as possible. No worries, she is still sleeping 10-11 hours at night, through the night.

She took a little break from her nook the past few weeks, but seems to have warmed up to it again. Mallory is also interested in teething rings and toys. I have to believe she might be cutting a tooth. I know it's a little early, but not unheard of to start growing teeth at 4 months. All the symptoms are there including drooling. It's hard for me since Mallory is not a baby that normally spits up, so having wet shirts and sleeves is weird for me. I feel like I am forever wiping her face off, which she does NOT like.


Bath time is still fun, but she is showing some dislike there as well. Thank heavens it's quick, and Christopher is always right there with me, so it's not horrible, but she just doesn't seem to like it. I can sense the dislike in her as soon as I get into the bathroom with her, and then once she's in the water, it's no good. Sometimes she will cry for just a second or two after being placed in the water, and she's fine, but lately, she's a crying machine throughout the whole thing. Once we take her out and get her into the towel, she's back to normal, happy Mallory.

Yesterday was her first time trying rice cereal. We fed her cereal for her mid morning feeding, right before her bottle. She did a REALLY good job, picked up on the whole spoon to mouth thing after about the third try, and started to guide the spoon with her own hand on top of our hand. She seemed to really like it and was very excited each time I loaded up the spoon to give her more.




I am totally SATISFIED!

Rolling over is still a trick Mallory likes to perform. She is actually a rolling over queen. She would roll from room to room if she could figure out how. Even when she flush up against the couch or the wall, she continues to try and roll over. It's so funny, she will just coo and ahh when she is rolling around the room.


All in all, Mallory is developing just like she should and is excelling in her physical development. I might be way off, but I think she's going to be crawling or scooting by six months. She continues to be the light of our lives, and reminds us everyday how blessed we are with just one toothless smile.

No comments: