Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Talk, Talk, Talk

Mallory has really started "talking". She seems to always be cooing about one thing or another. She really enjoys looking at herself in her "mirror" and will have a full blown conversation with herself every morning. She is becoming more and more expressive with her eyes and face, and smiles, smiles and smiles all the time. Here is a little video of her "talking". By the way, that is Hula Monkey you see, and she is one of Mallory's best friends!
.

.
Another big accomplishment for Mallory, she is pretty much able to support her own head now. There are a few times when she is laying on her tummy she will let the floor know who is boss, with her head, but still seems to have the whole holding up her head thing down pat. Because of that, she seems to enjoy sitting in her Bumbo more. We have kind of started a game with mommy while hanging out in her Bumbo. She likes to toss her toys off the tray and watch me pick them up and put them back there for her again to toss. I don't mind one bit!
.
.
This coming weekend is a big one for us. Mallory will be four months old on Sunday, so we are going to start with rice cereal. I bought a space saver high chair a while ago, when it was on sale at Target. We had a few gift cards left over, and not having a very spacious dining room, I thought this would be a good purchase for us. So, we put it all together and got it strapped to the chair. Mallory was watching us the whole time, so we figured she could try it out, to make sure it worked and she would like it. She really seemed to like it, matter of fact, she was all smiles while we made supper that night, just hanging out in her new high chair!

Here's hoping everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! It will be Mallory's first, so be sure to check back for an update on that! I will try to post Sunday night about how the first time with cereal went, provided I have some time after Mallory hits the sack. For some reason, I felt like posting the following picture. It's an older one of her, back when she was 8 weeks old, but I just love it!
.

1 comment:

The Father of Five said...

Wow... She is getting so big.

"Mom... Can I have the keys to the Camaro"???