Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Six Months

Halfway there, to the big first birthday. Mallory turned six months old this past Saturday. She is a growing, easy, fun to be around, oh so happy little baby girl. We have her official six month appointment coming up on Thursday, so be sure to check back for her "stats".

Mallory has started eating all kinds of fun new things. She has been munching on her “puffs” and while she hasn’t really got the concept of pick it up and put it in your mouth, she gets them in there, and seems to like them.

We have also started her on juice. It took a few days to get the hang of the sippy cup, but she’s got it down and likes the flavor of apple juice.



We also started vegetables two weeks ago. First it was sweet potatoes, then peas, and now carrots. We don’t mix them with anything, and she enjoys all of them. I think her best face of “what the heck is that?” so far was with the peas. She just savored it for a bit, with a very concerned look on her face, but them promptly opened her mouth for more.

Mallory loves her high chair. She just squeaks with delight while she is sitting in it, waiting for her nummy nums, and her feet are kicking her tray the entire time. I suppose it doesn’t hurt that she is up higher and can see all sorts of things. She really enjoys spending time in her high chair while Christopher and I are in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. What a relief, as I know some babies DO NOT like their high chairs. Hard to understand, you get to eat when you are in that thing!

We went shopping this past weekend and purchased a few meats and proteins. Although, Mallory is such a trooper, everything we have thrown at her food wise, she just gobbles up. No refusals yet, and nothing different with meat. She had turkey over the weekend and some beef today. I started the turkey plain, but then mixed it with her veggies and she just loves it! Here's hoping she stays that way, she sure makes meal time enjoyable!

What a strong little girl we have these days, Mallory is sitting up for lengthy periods of time on her own. She really likes to play with her toys this way, as it gives her a new perspective on the living room. She is also good at spinning herself around in a 360 while on her stomach. "Back time" barely exists these days, it's usually right over and trying to move somehow. I guess I was wrong when I predicted she would be crawling by six months. She is close, but I think I was little to optimistic. Mallory is VERY interested in Chico the Chihuahua these days, she follows him with her eyes and reaches for him whenever she can. She also "talks" to him, as long he is willing to listen. She has also started watching Ebony the cat, but is less inclined to talk to her. Ebony still does not want much to do with Mallory.
For some reason my camera was acting up last week, so most of her pics are blurry. Bummer! I fixed this one to the best of my abilities. I just love it! WOW! Six months gone already!!!!!

No comments: