Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend

It was a Valentine's sweetheart weekend at the Ludgate household. Starting last week Thursday, we were invited to share in Sophia's birthday party. Sophia belongs to Rebecca (daycare) and was turning six years old. We were able to enjoy dinner with them at Red Robin in Apple Valley. One of their signatures is a free balloon to every child on the way out the door. Mallory was no exception. What kid doesn't like a balloon? Mallory just loved hers, here is a video of her playing with it attached to her exersaucer.

On Saturday, Christopher was going to be working on the bathroom in the basement, so Mallory and mommy packed up and went to the Mall of America for the day. I now remember why I avoid that place on the weekends. Cripes, it was busy, but that was great for Mallory because she was sitting up in her stroller for the first time. She was such a good little girl, even when it was time to eat, very patient and content the entire time.

Saturday was Valentines day, so we all went for dinner to Red Lobster. It was a nice treat, and we sure didn't mind having to take Mallory, she was so well behaved, as usual and we got several compliments on her outfit. She was the sweetheart of the evening!!!


Today Christopher was out with a friend of his doing "guy" things, so Mallory and I had a girls afternoon in the family room downstairs. Mommy built a fire (I mighty good one too), and we just played and played in between laundry loads. Mallory even started to try and pull herself up on the white arch part of her interactive zoo (you can see it in the background of the following picture), but gave up after a few tries. She is getting ready to be more mobile.

Oh and before I forget, Grandma Dee gave Mallory a little popping toy for Valentines Day, when you push the green button on the top, it spins and the balls bounce around inside. It didn't take her but a week to figure that out. Here she is, pushing away....

Rebecca called me on Friday at work to advise me that Mallory is mobile. I am trying to get a good video of it, but I have had no luck, when Mallory sees the camera, she just flips onto her back and smiles. She can pull herself across the floor with ease, and it starting to show real signs of crawling. I guess it's off to get a stair gate tomorrow. HOW EXCITING!!!!!

No comments: