On Saturday night, we went to Elko Speedway to watch some races. This is Mallory’s first time attending anything quite like it, and while she has always adapted well to any even we take her to, I was a little worried this time. I had no idea how she was going to react to the loud noise that comes from the racing cars. We bought her some ear protection and I was hoping because I was also wearing some, she would too. Well, I was wrong. We tried and tried to get her to wear them, but she would just remove them and start to cry. Oh boy, now what, we’re here and she won’t wear the ear protection. Ahhh, not to worry I guess, when she saw a bunch of other little kids wearing them, she WANTED them on. I even had to convince her it was okay to take them off when the races were over.

We enjoyed our treats, nachos and popcorn, and when the races started, Mallory was ready! Her eyes were bouncing back and forth, round and round while the cars whizzed by. She was pointing and clapping, shouting out RACE CARS! She also enjoyed seeing the ambulance, or as she called it “AMNOOLINT”. This came after I convinced her it was NOT a fire truck.
We watched qualifying rounds, short races, long races, a quick break with a charity race, and then it started to rain. Not hard, not long, but just enough to cancel the rest of the night. Right when the Nascars were about to come out for their 30 lap race. I was bummed, but it was a good night anyway, and we got to see lots of fun races, spin outs and even a few crashes.

I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone with kids. It was so much fun, full of activity and very inexpensive.
We watched qualifying rounds, short races, long races, a quick break with a charity race, and then it started to rain. Not hard, not long, but just enough to cancel the rest of the night. Right when the Nascars were about to come out for their 30 lap race. I was bummed, but it was a good night anyway, and we got to see lots of fun races, spin outs and even a few crashes.

I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone with kids. It was so much fun, full of activity and very inexpensive.

1 comment:
We have been taking the boys to Elko for years - You are right. It's a GREAT place for families..
Post a Comment