I could go on and on about how I can’t believe it’s been two years already, but any of you that read this blog, and have had kids, know how quickly that time goes by, so I will spare you the ranting.
We had a very good time at Mallory’s birthday party, which was held in our backyard. Grandma Dee, Grandma and Grandpa Hauer, and the Kreiling clan were also in attendance.
Mallory had so much fun running around with Charlotte and Sophia, checking out her balloons and just being a two year old. After some nummy food, Mallory started to open her presents. Last year Mallory was crazy busy all over the place and ripping paper like nuts. This year, she sat very contently waiting for each present, and carefully unwrapping the paper. Oh, and with each present, she said softly “Happy Birthday”.

She got all kinds of fun new toys. I pair or princess play shoes, a princess CD player, an ABC bag, a fishing pole w/puzzle, Yo Gabba Gabba DVD, some clothing and a FIRE TRUCK! Hands down, the Fire Truck is her favorite. Who knew?
After presents we had birthday cake. We practiced hard on blowing out the candles, but only practiced with one, so who can blame her for not knowing she had to blow out the second candle too? No smashing of cake this year, my little lady used a fork to enjoy her very own cake. I gotta say, I LOVE the Farmington Bakery. They always do such a great job with what I ask them to do, and of course the cake was very good.
We ended the evening playing with her new toys and watching her new fish swim around the tank. Christopher and I gave her a two gallon fish tank with one yellow guppy and one orange guppy. They still do not have names, but soon enough. She is very aware of her fish and is sure to check on them each night before bed, and each morning when she wakes up.
Thanks to all who attended, for all of Mallory’s presents and for a fun filled memorable afternoon!

No comments:
Post a Comment