On Saturday we headed to St.Michael's for the kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt. Along with the hunt, we enjoyed burgers, hot dogs, chips and goodies. There weren't as many kids as I thought there was going to be, but that was okay because at every station of the scavenger hunt, Mallory got about ten pieces of candy, rather than one. We also played some games, including "Twister" and made some crafts like a pumpkin face, pumpkin bracelet and an owl. Afterwards we drove over to Harmony Lights in Lakeville to watch a pretty cool display of Halloween lights to music, which Mallory just LOVED! Sorry, I was so mesmerized by the light show, I completely forgot to shoot a video of it.
Once Sunday came, I kind if felt a little Haloweened out, but got a second wind in the afternoon to take Mallory out for her first time Trick or Treating! She was so excited to go, and thanks to Grandma Dee, we were BOTH able to take her and still have someone at the house to hand out candy. The neighborhood was buzzing with the largest amount of kids we have ever seen to our area. We opted to take her wagon, which was a good choice, since after about the 5th house, Mallory sat down on the curb and sighed, saying "I'm Tired"! We kept going in the wagon, making a few more stops and then headed up to the Kreiling's for a very special treat. At Kreiling's house, Mallory got to help Craig hand out the candy. She really enjoyed being his little helper, but taking a few minutes in between kids to enjoy a piece of candy from her own pumpkin bucket!
Once we got home, she had to check out her loot. Once she went to bed, we checked out her loot! You know, to make sure everything was edible, it was most certainly not to steal any of her candy!

No comments:
Post a Comment