Sunday, March 6, 2011

Eagan Community Center and The Blast

Almost six years ago, Christopher and I got married at the Eagan Community Center. I have been wanting to partake in some of the activities it offers ever since then. Now that we have little miss Mallory, I finally have the excuse to get over there.

Monday through Friday they have pre-school open gym which includes time in The Blast. The Blast is a smaller version of Adventure Peak, which we have also been to this winter. Friday morning, Mallory and I got an early start and after a pit stop at Target for a few household items, we headed to the ECC. For three dollars, you get unlimited access to both the open gym and The Blast for two hours. What a great deal! We started with The Blast...

Things were going well until Mallory got herself into a little area she couldn't get out of on her own. She got a little scared and started to cry, but as soon as I came to the rescue, she mellowed out and enjoyed the ride down the curvy slide to the bottom. After recovering from her wrong turn in The Blast, we headed to the gym to run around and see what they had available there. Along with several different kinds of balls to play with, they had hockey sticks, nets, bowling pins and soft kick balls. Mallory really enjoyed the bowling pins, and decided to throw a few frames.


I should mention as had a nice surprise while we were at the ECC. Grandma Dee and her friend walk there every day, so we were able to spend a little time with her while we were there as well. What a great treat as she played hockey with Mallory for a little bit! Thanks Grandma Dee!

We had a great morning, and I couldn't be happier with the amount of fun you can have for such a reasonable price! I am certain we will go again!

No comments: