Sunday, May 15, 2011

Can I play on the Puter?

I know most parents who read this blog, have kids and their kids use a computer. Not a big deal for them anymore. Even so, I am floored by this:

Mallory will be three years old at the end of July and she has no trouble navigating her way through certain things on the computer. She plays games on Disney Junior and Fisher Price, while watching her favorite clips from various Disney movies on You Tube. I used to have to set up each page for her and then she would be fine for a while on her own, but I no longer have to do that. I just need to find the web page in question and she knows what to do from there.

Sometimes she gets caught up with the mouse, pushing it to far off the mouse pad, but other than that, she is very computer literate. She understands what "click the mouse" means, even though I don't remember ever telling her what it mean. She just knows! I suppose this is a good thing, as computers will be a major part of her life. Almost everything is web based these days, and once she is in school, having Internet access will be essential for Mallory.

She truly enjoys her computer time, as do I. It gives me a little bit of time after dinner to do the dishes uninterrupted, and watch her learn. Nothing beats watching Mallory learn.

No comments: