Monday, September 10, 2012

Fours

Today Mallory started her second year of pre-school.  This year she is in the FOURS class at Wee Tigers, Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.  She has Mrs. Meliza for a teacher.  Both Christopher and I were very happy with Wee Tigers last year and this year will be no exception.  After orientation, we are both quite pleased with the curiculum.   Mallory is going to be a busy little girl!  

We've been counting down "how many sleeps till..." and today was 
FINALLY the day!  
She was super ready!


Once we were at the school, she was quick to find her name on the wall...


Pretty soon the rest of her classmates (she has a BIG class this year, there are twenty kids) were pouring in and it was time to go into her classroom. She quickly placed her backpack in her cubby, found her name on an apple and then went right to playing.  She did not appear to be concerned about me leaving her (which we did not expect her to be), but when I decided to leave, she gave me a pretty tight hug, quietly said "bye mom" and kissed me on my cheek.  Someday I will tell her how much that meant to me.  Melted my heart.  

I am looking forward to her school year.  It sure seems like a big step up from the THREES class.  Mallory really enjoys school.  She is always happy to go, never cries when we leave and is sad when she doesn't have school. I am sure this has something to do with her age, but I am also sure it's because she had one pretty great teacher and is currently with another great teacher. They sure do make a difference in your child's life!  THANK A TEACHER TODAY!    

No comments: