Holy smokes did we have a busy prior weekend. On the first Friday it was open, we went to the Minnesota State Fair and two days later we went to Valleyfair. Mallory's first major outing as an infant was to the Minnesota State Fair in 2008. We like to go every year anyway, but because of that milestone for her, I am sure it will be a yearly tradition for years and years to come. The past two years we have gone on the first Friday of the fair, spend the day there and then Mallory goes off to her Grandma's while we attend a concert. Last year was Def Leppard, this year was Alan Jackson.
We had another great outing at the fair this year and although the day was hot (we were all sweaty by 10:00AM) we had a great time with Mallory and managed to see and do (and eat) a lot before it was time to head to Grandma's. Right off the bat, we did the Giant Slide.
| WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! |
Here is a little video of her reaction to all those bubbles!
We gave our feet a rest and took a relaxing ride on the Sky Ride. This has also been sort of a tradition for our family since Mallory was one year old and big enough to ride with us. It's my favorite part of the day. It gets me off my feet, there is usually a nice breeze and you get to see a lot of the fair from up above! Before Mallory was about to leave with Grandma, we needed to feed her (something other than all the goodies she had been eating all day). At her request, we had some roasted corn on the cob. I think she liked it....
Shortly after this I took her to meet up with Grandma Dee. Christopher and I were off to see Alan Jackson with a couple of friends. As usual, he put on a great show and it was a wonderful end to another day at the Great Minnesota Get Together!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After one day of recovery, we packed up the Yukon once again and headed to Valleyfair. This is Mallory's second trip to Valleyfair. Last year we went with her Uncle Scott, Aunt Cindy and her cousins Hunter and Mackenzie. This year we went with our cabin neighbors, The Morsching's.
We made the rounds riding anything and everything in sight, even riding a couple of things twice! Once again I was very pleased with all the different rides Mallory was tall enough to enjoy. Not only did she get to ride The Monster, The Scrambler, The Ferris Wheel and The Carousel, there were plenty of little kid rides she was able to ride and get her scream on.
She thoroughly enjoyed Planet Snoopy, twice during the day. She rode Lucy's Tugboat, Sally's Swing, The Cosmic Coaster, Peanuts 500, Snoopy vs. Red Baron, Snoopy's Deep Sea Divers, Snoopy's Moon Bounce and The Kite Eating Tree. I am pretty sure her favorite was The Kite Eating Tree. She LOVED the bouncing up and down, you and see it for yourself on the video after the below pictures.
Because I used to work at Valleyfair and I am aware of how much money you spend to win a prize, I am not likely to spend much time in the games area of the park. Mallory is just now starting to ask to play those types of games whenever she sees them. I was okay with her giving a few games a try. Christopher and I played the Water Race game and after I beat his butt TWICE, I let Mallory pick the prize. She chose the Annoying Orange!
The next game Mallory played by herself. She tried the Goblet Toss. For $5 she got a bucket of ten whiffle balls which you toss into a bed of glass goblets. Most of the glasses are white in color and a few are painted red, yellow and blue. If your whiffle ball lands in one of the painted goblets, you get a prize. The odds are hardly in your favor, but my little lady managed to shine and win herself a prize. She chose a purple monkey, which she is still sleeping with as of today. She was VERY proud of herself.
Before we knew it, the sun was starting to lower in the western sky and we were all dragging our feet. What a wonderful day we had with our very good friends. We smiled, we laughed, we were exhausted! I am so glad we were able to get this trip to Valleyfair in before all the kiddos headed back to school.




No comments:
Post a Comment