Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bayfield

We went to Bayfield , WI this past weekend for the first time as a family. This was our first big trip with Mallory. She did great, but is not as good of a sleeper in her pack and play. She still slept through the night, just made a lot more noise, keeping us awake for the first time in a long time. That’s okay tho, she was so tired from the weekend, and she slept 10 hours, two nights in a row for us when we got home!



Our friends, Steve, Jackie and their boys, Kyle and Ryan always come with us. I have been going to Bayfield with them for 13 years now. This year they had a new addition with them, little Brady who is now 4 weeks old. I kept telling Kyle, Brady was Mallory’s boyfriend, but he didn’t agree with me. He did smile when I said it tho.

There were a lot of firsts for Mallory this past weekend. Her first hotel room, her first ferry ride, her first hayride, and her first parade, but she slept through the whole thing. It was also her first dinner at a fancy restaurant. She is such a good baby; we sure don’t hesitate taking her to any of these events!


Mallory did have some fussiness over the weekend, believe it or not. She is in need of instant gratification when she eats and I don’t believe she was getting it in the mornings. She got herself so worked up and was screaming pretty good for about 20 straight minutes, both days. Once I got her wrapped up nice and tight, and she calmed down enough to eat, then she was back to her old self again. I am not sure if it’s the flow of the nipple on her bottle, or if she is having a few tummy troubles. It’s very come and go, so it’s hard to say. Yesterday she was fine at daycare, no issues at all, and so far today, she has been fine at home with Christopher. It’s very uncharacteristic for her, so naturally I was freaking out. We shall have to wait and see I guess. Any suggestions are welcome.

Finally we are back home and settled into our routine again. It was so cool when we came home, I walked Mallory into her room to change her diaper and she totally recognized it, it was the COOLEST thing to see!

No comments: