Yesterday, we were at my parents farm again for the Vikings game, and then to the cabin to take the boats out of the water, and start the process of removing the dock. After the football game, the boys headed out to the lake and us girls stayed back to chat and play. I was able to get a short video if Mallory rolling over (there are two of them, the first one is the buildup and the second one is the actually rollover) and this great picture of her with Grandma Hauer.
A few updates.....1. Mallory is sleeping between 9.5 and 10 hours each night now. She is really into sucking her thumb, or whatever fingers she can get in her mouth at the time. We started noticing each morning that she had at least one arm out of her swaddle and was sucking on her thumb. We started leaving one arm out of her swaddle a few nights ago. I was worried it might be when she starts to wake up more in the middle of the night, but that's when she actually started sleeping about 10 hours. She usually has both arms out come morning, so I think we are well on our way to being done with the swaddle. She is also a squirmy sleeper, she has turned herself a full 90 degrees on several occasions, EVEN when she is swaddled!
2. Eating has also increased. Mallory eats between 5 and 6 ounces each feeding. We still warm her nighttime bottle, which I can tell she really enjoys, and she is still eating Similac Soy. It seems to work the best for her.
3. Mallory is holding her head up more and more, and really likes it when you hold her over your shoulder. She is very much into seeing EVERYTHING and is really taking in all the sights and sounds around her. Rebecca told me she seems to like anything with blinking lights, which I confirmed last night in the car with her musical caterpillar. I guess it's off to the store this weekend for more toys with lights! She also enjoys her play mat, which she can pull on a sun or ball and make the puppy dog dance and sing. I am not sure she has that connection figured out yet, but either way, she sure likes it.
4. Still full of smiles, but also starting to "talk" more and more. When I get home from work with her, she is really cooing and "talking" to me, while smiling. What a great feeling!!!!

1 comment:
It's all over now that she can roll over! Time to baby proof the house!
What a great milestone!
How cute!
Post a Comment