Monday, December 8, 2008

A hockey game, and some other updates

Mallory went to her to he first college hockey game last Saturday. Every year my St.Cloud State roommates and I go to the hockey game in which they play Minnesota State University, Mankato. I had been toying with the idea of a babysitter for the night, but it's a 1.5 hour drive one way and I didn't want to be away from Mallory for half of the day, so we took her with us. I don't know what I was worried about, like usual, she was the perfect baby, only crying a little when the Huskies scored the first time and she wasn't so sure about the goal horn. She even took her regular nap during the game! She really liked all the lights and sounds, she was wide eyed the entire time (expect when she napped), and couldn't get enough of all of the action. SCSU won big, beating the Mavericks, 6-2. We, as a family, had a VERY good time.
.On Sunday, we braved the Mall of America for a day of Christmas shopping. During her mid morning feeding, Mallory started to hold the bottle all on her own. She has been showing some signs of this already for a while, but really took a good hold of it this time. She would even take a little break, breath, and put the bottle right back in and continue eating. It was pretty cool to watch.
.
.
We also got to see and old friend of ours. Officer Connie was at MOA and had a little time to spare to spend it with Mallory. At first she was just admiring Mallory while she hung out in her stroller and then all of a sudden she said, I have to hold her! It was too cute, Mallory was mesmerized by all of her shiny uniform stuff. It was great to see her, and to have her see Mallory for the first time.
.
A few updates since we visited the doctor last Thursday for Mallory's four month checkup....

Weight: 13 lbs, 4 ounces - 40th percentile


Length: 25.5 inches - 89th percentile


Head: 41.6 cm - 67th percentile

She is still long and lean, but has balanced out pretty good. Doctor said she is perfect and was very impressed she was already rolling over. Right as the doctor started to tell us she probably won't roll over for a month or two yet, Mallory rolled over right on the exam table. We all had a good chuckle.

Mallory did great with handling her vaccinations. She threw up the Rotovirus a few hours later, but the doc said it's a pretty normal side effect, and she already got the dose she needs. She also had a little fever (99.7) throughout the afternoon and into the evening, but all in all did great! She only cried for a minute or two afterwards, which beats the two month checkup in which she cried pretty hard for about 5 straight minutes. I tell ya, this kid has the most mellow demeanor. Whew!

I figured I would end with a meeting of the minds. They were talking about taking flight (which is the actual photo I was trying to capture), ya know how babies lay on their tummy and put both arms and legs out into the air. Mallory had enough of it by the time I grabbed the camera, so here they are, daddy and daughter, just thinking it through!

No comments: