Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Close to crawling and few other updates

First off, sorry this update is later than usual. It's a very busy time of year the way it is, and now I have a baby to take care off, making it all the more hectic. Good hectic tho....

Mallory has been really starting to show the signs she is understanding how to crawl. She spends a good deal of time on her tummy, and has recently started pulling her legs up under her. She can "scoot" across the floor this way, pretty quickly too, and she can also turn herself this way to get whatever toy she might want. She is pretty savvy and seems to enjoy the way she knows how to move. She has been doing this for a few weeks already, but she used to get very frustrated after just a few minutes. Not anymore, it's all coo's and ahh's. Here is a little video I took of her "crawling" after bath time the other night. She moves with much more freedom when she is in her diaper only.






Mallory is getting ready for her first Christmas, although I don't think she will really understand it. She had been mesmerized by the Christmas tree and decorations all month, and recently started staring down the gifts under the tree. She spent a few hours "helping" me make some Christmas candy today. She just sat in her high chair and watched me, she even took a little nap. When I was going to put these tongs away, she was reaching for them so hard, I had to let her play with them for a little while.





We are now starting to transition to her 3-6 month phase of clothing. She is still in her 3 month pants, but they are started to get to short for her as well. Nothing is too tight, she is still a long and lean little lady, but her length is putting her into some 6 month clothing already. I have tons of cute dresses, to bad the weather won't cooperate for them. Being the style guru that I am, leggings have become a staple of Mallory's wardrobe.

We have graduated the #2 diapers, hard to believe she EVER fit into that tiny little newborn one, and I have collected my first box of "hand me downs". Not sure who the lucky recipient will be, but I have all the good stuff ready and waiting. I can't believe how generous other parents have been to me with passing down clothing. I completely see the need, it's expensive and they only get to wear it for a few weeks.

Last weekend we started adding "flavor" to Mallory's rice cereal feedings. We are feeding her cereal twice a day, she just loves it. Christopher started off with banana's and then I tried pears two days ago. She liked the banana's, LOVED the pears. It took her half the time to eat the cereal with the pears, up next is applesauce. We just love the whole motion of feeding her cereal!

Mallory is still "building her house" when she plays in her exersacuer, she just goes to town on those toys. I was explaining to one of my co-workers why we call it "building a house" and they simply said, "or destroying one". I had a good laugh over that. You never know what they are thinking. Mallory is very interested in the mechanics of her toys. She has her favorites, but the ones she plays with less frequently, she will study it for quite a while. Once she has it figured out, then it's right the playing with it each and every time we lay it out. There are a few that are still perplexing to her. Going to be like a daddy, likes to tinker.



That's really all I have for now, things are great as usual. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, Grandma Dee is coming over and then it's off to the farm for Christmas Day with Grandma and Grandpa Hauer, Uncle Dustin and Aunt Katy will be there too!

Happy Holidays to all of you!!!!!

No comments: