Mallory turned nine months old yesterday. I was out of town for work, so I am just getting to this update today. How exciting everything has become as of late. Mallory is really growing into a toddler, and it won't be too long before she is walking.We're climbing the stairs. Nothing really more to say about that, see for yourself.....
Pulling herself up is something Mallory just loves to do. She has even started to drag her feet and move along the furniture more and more each day. Yesterday she tried to take one step, one foot in front of the other to get to the other side of a toy. She didn't succeed, but got right back up again. What a little trooper! She is getting better and better at taking a fall and "shaking it off". What used to be the "end of the world", is now just a hazard of the job. She is crawling on her hands and knees, all over this house. It helps me to clean the kitchen floor a little more often!
Solid foods are a huge hit. Mallory eats all kinds of different foods now, and very rarely has baby food from a spoon anymore. Her favorites include:
Bananas
Pears
Watermelon
Carrots and Peas
Deli sliced Turkey and Ham
Macaroni
Gerber Lil' Crunchers (veggie flavored puffs)
Fruit flavored puffs
Yogurt Melts
She will try anything once, and it's pretty clear from the beginning if she likes it or not. Although with the lil crunchers, it took a while for her to start eating those, now she loves them! Sure makes it easier to feed her! We are still taking formula, 20-25 ounces a day. I am going to switch her to Similac Go and Grow soy next week.
We have been hitting lots of garage sales as of late, and have been very lucky at picking up toys for Mallory at this age. One is a stand up toy in which she stands at a little table and plays with all the features on top. The other is a Intellitaner. This is like an exersaucer, but instead of bouncing up and down, you move side to side, helping Mallory learn the one foot in front of the other concept. Her legs a just a little to short right now, but she still enjoys sitting in it and playing with all the features.
Dad is her word of choice, and while I still get a Mama every now and then, it's usually DAD. I don't mind, the other words will come, and it's just important for her to be making those connections. It's pretty cool, he walks in the room and she says Dad, clear as day.We have already made that move into 9-12 month clothing, and are very excited to try out all sorts of new summer outfits and sundresses. If it would just warm up a little more for us!
We have her official nine month check up next Thursday, so check back for her stats. I do know she is 18 pounds on the dot, but I am not sure of her length. I do know she is a long little lady. We recently had her nine month pictures taken, and here is proof....
Her legs are as long as she is tall sitting up. Hopefully they will stay that way, I have short legs and hate them. It is so hard to find a decent fitting pair of pants. Hooray for legs! That's about it for now, I will post her official stats from the doctor when we get them next week. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:
Can't wait to see you this weekend little one!
Post a Comment