Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ten Months

I know it's been a while since I updated this blog, but we were on vacation in Las Vegas earlier this month, and when we got home, we jumped right into celebrating Christopher's 40th birthday. After that was Memorial Day, so I apologize for the delay!
Mallory is officially ten months old today! It's hard to look back, because all I see on the horizon is her first birthday! She's still the same wonderful, happy, smiling, little girl she has been all along. There have been a few changes, and I will try to write about those, but first I want to tell you all about the fun things we have been doing lately!
While we were in Las Vegas, Mallory stayed with Rebecca for one week. She had a really good time, and got to splash in the kiddie pool for the first time. Here she is at Rebecca's, splashing around in their pool.
Apparently, she just loved it, and couldn't get enough! That prompted us to purchase a small, inflatable pool for Mallory to sit and splash in. We tried it out for the first time on Memorial Day at the cabin, and she really liked it. I am sure she would have stayed in it longer, but it wasn't the warmest day. Here she is, trying out our new pool!

Mallory has started pointing and saying what we believe is "WHAT'S THAT?" We might be crazy, and I am sure every parent thinks their babies say certain things, when in reality they are just babbling. This is the one phrase I hear over and over, making me believe she is really trying to say something. Here she is, asking about her new Hokey Pokey Elmo.

She still says Da Da, Dad and Dah on a regular basis. Every now and then I get a Ma Ma, but it's usually when she is sad or tired. She has been pretty clingy to mommy lately, so maybe it's finally my turn? Nah, I don't care, she LOVES her daddy, and I am totally cool with that!
Mallory is eating more and more table foods these days, but still has a bottle about four times a day. She doesn't drink as much of her formula as I would like her to be drinking, but I have made my piece with it. If she wants it, she lets us know and she's a good eater otherwise. I have learned to let go a little more and more each day. It sure it easy to go out to eat when you don't have to drag a jar, spoon and bottle along with you. Some of her favorites include....

Nutrigrain Cereal Bars, Gerber Lil' Crunchers, Cereal Puffs, Yogurt Melts, Grapes, Bananas, elbow macaroni, peas (my goodness does she LOVE peas), turkey, ham and juice.

She is still pulling herself up along furniture and tried to stand independently every now and then, but doesn't last very long. She can and will pull herself up onto anything, and would rather stand for a half and hour than crawl around and play. I don't think it will be to long before she starts challenging herself a little more.

Yesterday we took a trip to the Como Zoo. Mallory has been to the zoo a few times with Rebecca, but this was OUR first time taking her. She really enjoyed the primates, as they are the most active group to watch. She also liked looking at the fish swimming around in the Tropical Experience.


She just loved all the photo opportunities, and got super cute for each one of them. At the end of the day, we took a ride on the carousel, and once again, Mallory enjoyed every second of the ride. She is such a happy baby, we are so fortunate to have such a wonderful baby girl. We fall in love every day, over and over again!

No comments: