It's been a really quiet week around here. I was pretty sick at the beginning of the week, missing a few more days of work. I know I shouldn't be whining about the fact I was able to be away from work, but I am so far behind from being on vacation, the little virus just made it worse.
Anyway, Mallory has been great, really starting to take notice of all the things around her and wanting as much information about them as possible. There is a constant question of "ista?" which is translated into "what's that?" and she points at anything and everything.
Christopher took Chico the vet on Wednesday morning, and Mallory pointed at a picture of a dog and said "dog". Although it sounds more like "doug", we're pretty sure she understands and can say the word dog. She is very interested in Chico and what he's up to, so she hears it a lot from us.
One week ago today, we attended my second cousin's high school graduation party. It was nice to see the family and we were able to spend a beautiful afternoon in the park. I was sick, but made it through the day just fine. When we were in Las Vegas, we purchased a pair of sunglasses for Mallory, and while she doesn't keep them on for long, she has finally opened her eyes while they are on, and has come to the conclusion they aren't so bad.
When we got home that evening, Mallory and I sat outside while Christopher raised his flag on his new flag pole he got for his birthday.
So far Mallory has been afraid to crawl on the grass, doesn't like the feel of it and is definitely not a fan. I could put a blanket down and she would crawl right to the edges, feel the grass with her hand, and come right back to the middle. This day she got brave and went onto the grass, a little further and discovered our landscaping rocks. She spend 30 minutes just picking them up and throwing them back down.

That's about is for us, for now. This week will bring some new adventures I am sure, with it being warmer out again. We sure hope everyone has a good week and enjoys summer, once it finally gets here!
No comments:
Post a Comment