Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mallory's First 4th

We spent the weekend at my parent’s lake home in Madison Lake, MN. This was Mallory’s third time at the cabin, but the first in which she was really able to enjoy the outdoors. We did everything from crawling all over the deck, to checking out the lake in her floater. Mallory was ready to go from the minute Christopher started to pack for the weekend.


She’s been in her little pool a few times, but she was so excited this time, she didn’t even wait for the water. She found a solar powered fairy to play with on the deck, and was perfectly happy to model her swimsuit for us.
.
Mallory has never liked to sit in her floater at day care in their pool, probably because it’s a little to cold on her legs, but she had no problem with the lake. Here she is, just taking it all in....
.
I have since learned she is happy in her floater at daycare too. I think it was just a matter of time and getting used to it.
.
On the 4th, she was ready to show her American spirit. I tried hard to get a good photo o her all dressed up, but she just did not want to smile for me.

I only wish the weather would have been better. The nicest day was Sunday, and we spent most of that day cleaning up, and getting ready to leave. At least we were able to get in a pontoon ride, in which Mallory promptly fell asleep from the motion. I can hardly believe it, but the late night fireworks didn’t bother her either. I did light a few sparklers for her, and she was totally mesmerized by them, but my camera battery died right before, so I don’t have any fun photos to show of that.

I should tell all of you, Mallory has started to walk behind her scooter. She tried it one day, and off she went. Pretty soon it was just like when she started pulling herself up on the furniture. It seemed like she had been doing it for weeks already. The cabin was a great place to practice; there is a really long hallway. Here is a video of her walking behind her scooter for the second or third time, she's gets frustrated when she hits a roadblock.


That’s about it for now. We’re still planning the big 1st birthday party! I think I might be more excited then Mallory will be!!!

No comments: