Another weekend on Lake Jefferson, come and gone. What was supposed to be a nice weather weekend, turned out to be cloudy and raining half the time. I was bummed because the lake was actually clear and I was hoping Mallory would get some swimming done. We bought her a small outdoor pool, but we didn’t even get to set it up and use it, since it was barely 70 degrees outside!
We spent the weekend indoors, playing games, spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Hauer, and a quick trip to Mankato for some shopping. We got in a few hands of euchre, even Mallory got to play a card or two. Check out the video…
We spent the weekend indoors, playing games, spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Hauer, and a quick trip to Mankato for some shopping. We got in a few hands of euchre, even Mallory got to play a card or two. Check out the video…
On Sunday, we took the Pontoon out, and did a little fishing. Mallory has her very own Dora the Explorer fishing pole, and while she has no interest in doing any real fishing, she was content to just sit there and fish in her own way.
I actually baited my own hook, with a worm, which is really good for me. I don’t mind the outdoors, but I am not a huge sportsman by any means. First cast, bait in the water, less than 20 seconds, and I caught a small Large Mouth Bass. Christopher had the same amount of luck, he caught two Pumpkin Seeds right away too.

After about an hour of catch and release, we headed in for lunch. We were fortunate to have seen the pelican parade on our way back. Lake Jefferson has one of the largest lake pelican populations in the state of Minnesota, and while we haven’t seen them in about a year, they sure made up for it on Sunday.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Spooner, WI to spend the weekend with the family from Texas. I am excited to see the cousins play together, and for us to get caught up, as it’s been far too long. Stay tuned….

No comments:
Post a Comment