My cousin Meggan married her main man Marc last Saturday, and we were lucky enough to attend. Actually I was very excited to go, as we don’t get to see that side of the family to often anymore. I also wanted to watch Mallory and see how she would be have in this type of environment, as this would be her first wedding.The wedding celebration was being held in the Andover/Ramsey area, so we had a bit of a drive to make. It actually worked out pretty good, Mallory was able to get in the short nap she needed on the way up and was in perfect order for the rest of the day.
The ceremony was beautiful and simple. The pastor had some very good advice for the special couple, and everyone in attendance was moved, you could just feel the love in the room! Mallory did great, calling the bride a “princess”, she was always very aware of the “princesses” whereabouts, as she filled her face with grapes. Grapes and church go hand in hand with Mallory.
After the ceremony, we headed to the park for the reception. Meggan and Marc rented a pavilion at Rum River North Country Park. Let’s not forget, it was warm on Saturday, and the humidity, well, it was tropical “normal” for a Minnesota summer. Even so, the reception was fun, and low key. We all had a great time getting caught up with family and conversing. And then it happened, the DJ started and Mallory went crazy! This girl did NOT leave the dance floor the entire afternoon. The only break she took was during the dollar dance and even then she danced with the groom twice! Once with cousin Laurie and once with me.

Mallory danced along with everything from The Electric Slide to I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas. I have always been a pretty big wedding dance fan, and generally do not leave the dance floor once it’s begun, but this time, I was stumped. There is a newer dance out there called The Cupid Shuffle. I have heard of it before, but never done it, so I have to be “one of those people” that stand in the back of the group to watch for a bit and then go. Once I had it down pat, Mallory tried it too. The dance goes to the right, to the right, to the right, to the right, to the left, to the left, to the left, to the left. Now kick, now kick, now kick, now kick, now walk it by yourself, now walk it by yourself. Our camera battery was running out, but here is a short video of Mallory doing the kick part of The Cupid Shuffle.
I am so bummed we couldn’t get more of a video, she tried so hard to follow along, it was great! She stole the show, everyone there was in love with Mallory!
.
Once we were home, we had a quick bath, snuggle time and off to bed. That’s until the sirens went off and put us in the basement for some time while the storms rolled through. Mallory was definitely worn out after that, she slept till 9:30AM on Sunday morning. We had so much fun with our family and dancing we were trying to figure out where we could take Mallory for more dancing fun like that. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, we’ll take em.

No comments:
Post a Comment