We started out the weekend at the cabin getting ready for Friday night. I attended the Kolacky Queen pageant and Christopher spent some time with Mallory at the park, enjoying a Czech Meal Deal, Taco in a Bag and some beer. They had a great time together as father and daughter, while I sat, stressing out at the pageant and waiting for the new Kolacky Queen to be crowned. I was so very happy to see our good friend Cassy Kubes get the title. Her grandma Delores worked with my mom in the kitchen at MLHS for many, many years, and her mom Shelia (Delores’s daughter) spent a few years in there as well. Cassy will make a great ambassador for the city of Montgomery, and she’s cute too. WAY TO GO CASSY.
First thing Saturday morning, we headed into to town to watch the kiddie parade. We saw our friend Marisa and her daughter Jules, and our other friends Valerie and her daughter Lily.
I also enjoyed my second helping of dumplings and gravy that morning, and then it happened. Mallory saw the kiddie rides and it was downhill from there. Valerie and I headed over that way and let our little girls enjoy themselves on a set of swings, fish that go up and down while going round and round, and a set of horses. They had a lot of fun together, and needless to say, were not too happy when we made them leave. I guess I just ran out of money, at $3.00 per ticket (yes, $3.00 to ride that thing each time), my wallet was getting empty quickly. Here are a few pictures, followed by a video of Mallory riding the "fish ride".Saturday afternoon was spent walking up and down Main Street, checking out the car show. It was a beautiful day, but hot in the sun, so we headed back to the cabin (our headquarters for the weekend) for a little nap and some real supper. Uncle Dustin and Aunt Katy came out for the afternoon and grill master Dustin cooked up some burgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob. Mallory loves corn, but has never eaten it directly off the cob before. She wouldn’t even try, until this time. She looked around the table and saw Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Dustin, Aunt Katy, Mom and Dad all eating corn on the cob, so she promptly said “I wan sum corn cob, I wan sum corn cob”. She did great and ate three pieces!

On Sunday we hit the parade. Mallory was pretty mellow for this one, mostly because she had a dum dum sucker in her mouth the whole time. She actually sat in her parade chair for most of the time, and only got up to applaud what else, the FIRE TRUCKS! We went back to the park when the parade was over for our last and final helping of dumplings, taco in a bag, cheese curds and beer. We watched Mallory dance a little bit to some polka music and then it was finished. Back to the cabin we headed to pack up and head home.







2 comments:
How funny!
While we were in Texas (over Kolacky Days) we stopped at a famous shop in West, Texas called Czech Stop - Known far and wide for their HUGE selection of award winning Kolackys.. We were eating Texas Kolackys on Montgomery Minnesota's Kolackys Days!
Czech Stop
Post a Comment