It was a snow day in Farmington today so I scooped up the neighbor children, Teagen and Lucy, and off to Daisy Knoll park we went. Here is a map showing where the park is in Farmington...
This was the first time Mallory had been sledding at this hill and I believe the second time for Teagan and Lucy. All three kids were super excited to go sledding and enjoy the fresh powder. Once we arrived we saw a few other kids at the hill. Just enough kids going up and down to have a few nice paths created and not to many that you needed to worry about anyone running into anyone else. It's a pretty big sledding hill, so I was pleased to see it was not overrun but school age children who were having a snow day!
Once up top Teagen kind of went his own way for a bit and the girls went down the same path as each other a few times. They were able to climb back to the top on their own but after their third pass they decided to take a rest. Fine by me. I wasn't that excited about the idea of having to climb the hill over and over to help them out. Here is a short video of Mallory going down the hill, it gives you a good idea of what kind of climb I'm talking about.
We stayed there for about 1.5 hours. I was very proud of all three of the kids. No whining, no fighting, no crying, just fun. Pure Minnesota Winter fun! Eventually it was just Teagen coming back up for more passes down the hill and the two girls were hanging out at the bottom. I could tell all three kids were getting tired, so I grabbed a sled and took my one and only ride down the hill to meet them and pack up the car to leave. After getting everyone buckled in, I hopped in the drivers seat and gave the back seat one final look over through my rear view mirror and saw three sets of rosy red cheeks smiling back at me. These kids needed to thaw out so off to Dunn Bros. we went for some HOT CHOCOLATE!
The staff at Dunn Bros. was super sweet to all three kids making them special kid sized (and kid friendly temp) hot chocolate with whipped cream and extra chocolate shavings on top. All three gulped down their treats before I could even sit down to enjoy my latte!
I know it was only a couple of hours but it renewed my lover for a hearty snowfall and a true Minnesota winter day!




No comments:
Post a Comment