On Thursday night, Mallory was crawling between our living room and dining room, and while she has done this many times before, this time she stopped to play with the latch for the gate. When Mallory is crawling around, and she stops for whatever the reason, she will turn on her side and look around. Thursday was nothing short of normal, except for when she decided to return to the crawling position, she did not get her arm back down in front of her fast enough, and caught the gate latch with the corner of her eye and the side of her head. She instantly buried her face into the carpet, and while I saw the whole thing happen, I was a little worried to roll her over to find out how bad it really was.
It was a small scratch under here right eye, and on the right side of head. To bad she is still a baldy, some hair may have protected her head. This morning she has a little black eye, so for now we are calling her “Rocky”. She was back to her normal self in about 30 minutes or so, but I am still waiting to get back to my normal self, wondering if this guilt will ever go away? I guess it’s good to have the first one out of the way, but boy do I feel bad for her. She doesn’t even know the bruise is there and has completely gone back to being baby, and everything that comes with it.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment