On Tuesday, March 17th, St. Patricks Day, Mallory cut her first tooth! I went to pick her up from daycare, and there she was, sitting in Rebecca’s lap, chewing on her sock. I was asked to guess what she had in her mouth. It took me three tries, but I figured it out. The tooth is on the lower left side of her mouth. We can feel it, but it’s hard to see still. I will try to land a picture of it this weekend. We’ve been calling her “Sharky”.
Along with the new tooth, we are trying some new foods. We have started to give Mallory some bread. At first she was less than interested, but on Wednesday, Christopher stated she ate quite a bit (about ¼ of a slice) and was taking drinks of juice in between. He said it was truly amazing watching her eat like a grown up. We have also upped her servings of veggies and meat, and I am going to try some cooked pasta this weekend. I guess this is when things start to get a little messy, when Mallory is using her hand more than us using a spoon. I am still amazed at everything she eats, still no refusals!
Along with her normal army crawl, Mallory spends a good portion of her time on her hand and knees, rocking back and forth. She is getting ready to start the real crawl. Good thing I made the house semi-baby proof last weekend.
Her boo boo from last weekend has healed just fine, and it seems like she barely knew it was there. It was a bit sensitive for the few days afterwards, but all in all, not a bad owie for her (and us) to experience. Thank goodness for that!
In a few more days, we will be talking about Mallory turning 8 months old. I just can’t believe it! I know I say that a lot on this thing, but those of you who have kids know what I am talking about. It truly does fly by….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment