Yesterday was Mallory's seven month birthday. Seven months is here, and we are loving every minute of it. There are quite a few changes to talk about, so here we go.Mallory is army crawling all over the place. It's really fun to watch her find something she wants, and make the trek to go get it. No more crying for it, she just pulls herself over there and gets it. She has also taken to exploring the living room and getting into every corner she can find to check it out. She is very interested in Christopher's work out gear (a set of push up tools and the ab slide) and like to pull herself along the base of the couch. She is getting very to close to pulling herself up along the couch, but will need to grow just a little more before she can reach the top to get come leverage. She can and will pull herself up to her knees in her crib, along side her bumbo seat, and using the arch on her zoo. It's amazing how strong they become.
Sitting up is an easy thing these days, and while we still endure the occasional topple over, she is pretty good about sliding her way down to the ground to start moving around. She has an array of toys, which can be used in the sitting position, and she plays with each one of them daily. She really enjoys play time, and doesn't really seem to get bored. She has started to clap her hands and wave while sitting, here is a little video of her doing both...
Here is a picture of Mallory playing with her bumbo seat, notice how she is not in it? She would rather play with out, sitting on the outside of it. Goofy girl!
Baths are super fun these days, ever since we started using the Safety First seat, she enjoys her bath very much. We have a few bath toys, and use bubble bath too! It's even gotten to the point where she get's super excited when I take her into the bathroom and she sees the tub is ready for her. Much better than the previous screaming matches we used to have when we walked into that room.Eating habits don't really change much this month, except that Mallory will be eating larger serving sizes of the same stuff. There isn't a food that she doesn't like. We tried a pickle yesterday and a little bit of a tomato. I was expecting a sour face from the pickle, but no, we just got a look of more please. I am not sure she is totally convinced on the tomato. She didn't seem to dislike it, or like it either. It's been a daily struggle to get her to finish her bottle. I think she's bored with it. We have even cut back on her serving sizes of other foods, in hopes she would be more hungry for her formula. I know she won't starve herself, but I worry because that is the most important meal of her day. I guess it comes and goes, and everyone has told me, teething can be a real player in her not wanting to eat. No teeth yet, but all the symptoms are still there.
For all of you who warned us, I thank you, we never took for granted that Mallory was such a good sleeper. I guess it's our turn now. She very rarely sleeps through the night these days. The good part about her waking up, it appears all she wants is some comfort to know you are there with her, and then it's right back to sleep. We have had a few nights in which she is up every two hours, but again, once we go into her room and touch her, she's right back out. Once again, it's the the whole teething thing. It's not hard to deal with, she's still a good sleeper, and every now and then, like last night, we get ten solid hours of sleep from her.
We graduated to number 3 diapers yesterday, and while they looked huge next to her old ones, they fit and work great for her. I can't believe it, when I take a look back at her newborn diapers, that she ever fit into that tiny thing. She is now wearing Pampers Cruisers, for the baby on the move. HA!
Yesterday we went to Mankato for a day trip. The mall there has a carousel in it. We took Mallory for a ride, and boy did she like it. I have attached a video below for you to enjoy!
Another great picture of Little Ludgate!


No comments:
Post a Comment