Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mallory's Chair

When Christopher was a child, he had a little chair that doubled as a step stool. His mom kept it for a long time, and then he kept it all of these years, and now we are able to give it to Mallory.
I would like to paint it to match her room, but part of me wants to leave it the way it is. I will probably and up not painting it, as I think it has more meaning this way. If you look closely at the back of the chair, you can pull it down over the seat of the chair and it turns into a step stool.
Of course Mallory was ready and willing to try it out. I have a hard time getting her to stay sitting in it. She wants to play the "stand up, sit down" game instead. Here is a video that explains that little game....
Once I got her to realize it was a chair (after showing her examples on her nearby rocking chair), she was fine to sit for a while. She pushed it right up against her armoire and started waving around. Sorry folks, I tried and tried to get a photo of her sitting in the chair and smiling at me, but she had more important things on her agenda.
I think it would be pretty cool if we can keep this chair/step stool and pass it onto Mallory to give to her children (or child) and our grandchildren (or child).

No comments: