For the second year, we have gotten our pumpkins from Barten's Pumpkin Patch, just west of New Prague, MN. They have a wonderful selection, and are so reasonably priced compared to anything near where we live. They also have two kids weekends, in which they have hay rides, and ponies! Today was not one of those days, but we had a ton of fun none the less. They have a website, so check them out....http://www.bartenpumpkins.com/.
Mallory had SO MUCH FUN walking through all the different pumpkins patches, checking out all shapes and sizes of pumpkins, and even picking out her very own. She has been carrying this pumpkin all over the house with her since we got home.
We went back and forth, up and down, and all around. On our little adventure, through all the different pumpkin patches, we found a bean bag toss. I showed Mallory how to play, and rather than toss, she just put the bean bags in the holes. Close enough.
I can't begin to put into words, how amazing it is to watch your own child figure things out like this. For those of you who have children, you know exactly what I am talking about!
Once we got all of our pumpkins picked out and paid for, it was time to head back to the car, pack em up and get a move on. Mallory got to ride back to the car in style! Nothing compares to a good, ole' red wagon ride!
We stayed for about 30 minutes or so, but I think Mallory could have spent the entire afternoon there! Once we got all packed up to come home and watch the Vikings game, I realized we left with 4 big pumpkins, 3medium sized pumpkins, 3 small pumpkins and 1 VERY SPECIAL MALLORY SIZED PUMPKIN! I will leave you with some pictures of our little lady enjoying her day at the pumpkin patch. THANK YOU BARTEN'S!



No comments:
Post a Comment